SMSC Relay ActiveX SDK library is a set of ActiveX components enabling quick creation of applications implementing the communication with the SMSC through TCP/IP protocol. The components are created so as to give the widest range of features of the communication with the SMSC and the highest possible efficiency and simplicity of implementation. Implementation of components in ActiveX technology allows them be used in wide range of programming environments.
The components are also tested and come with examples with source code for Microsoft the .NET environment (C# and Visual Basic .NET).
The library consists of four components. Each of them implements one communication protocol. The set of functions and functionality that are made accessible by components are unified between protocols, and consequently the process of creating applications is simplified to a maximum. Multithreading implementation of components ensures achievement of maximum performance of sending and receiving messages in communication with the SMSC.
Core functionality supported by SMSC Relay ActiveX SDK:
- Multithreading construction ensures maximum efficiency of the sending and receiving messages process m- existing installations of up to o 500 messages per second.
- Full support for concatenated (longer than 160 characters) messages and WAP Push.
- Receiving messages sent by users to special (short) numbers (contests, surveys, voting services etc.)
- Possibility to send and receive SMS and EMS messages, messages containing images, animations, logos, sounds etc.
- Possibility to send and receive 7-bit text messages, 8-bit data messages with binary data as well as text messages encoded in Unicode (UCS2) standard which allows to send and receive special characters and national character sets (e.g. Cyrillic, Arabic, Chinese, Korean etc.)
- Support for GSM alphabet encoding with escape sequences allowing to send and receive special characters (e.g. EURO currency symbol €)
- Full information about the message delivery status
- Support for messages containing user data header (UDH) and for encrypted messages
- Possibility to send messages in Direct Display mode (FlashSMS)
- Direct support for 0SMS ("Zero" SMS) messages (messages that are not displayed on the phone but give delivery status report thus allowing to discover if the phone is in reach).
- Possibility to set message delivery time, message validity and ability to connect as transceiver, transmiter and receiver in SMPP protocol
- Possibility to attach an alphanumeric signature to messages
- Network connection keep-alive functionality
- Designed for use in .NET environment and all environments that support COM (ActiveX), also in ASP environment
- Tested in cooperation with many SMSC configurations
- Clean and neat component design including well structured API and component methods, properties and events set
SMSC Relay SDK library supports 4 comminications protocols:
- SEMA OIS version 8.1 (Sema Telecoms)
- CIMD2 version 1.2 (NOKIA)
- UCP version 2 (CMG Wireless Data Solutions)
- SMPP version 3.3 and 3.4 (SMPP Developers Forum)
SMSC Relay SDK library can be installed and can work properly when at least the following computer configuration is provided:
- Processor: Pentium II Class, 300 MHz
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 95 (IE 5), Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- System memory: 64 MB
- Disc space: 5 MB
- Other: CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive (in case of version distributed on CD-ROM)
For creating applications which use ActiveX components you need a programming environment that supports the use of COM components. Popular environments allowing work with ActiveX components are: Microsoft Visual Basic, Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Borland Delphi, Borland C++ Builder etc. The components can also be used in environments for creating WWW applications based on ASP technology and other allowing embedding of ActiveX components.
SMSC connection requirements
The library enables connection with the Short Message Service Centre through network using TCP/IP protocol. To get information about the prerequisites required concerning the connection with the Short Message Service Centre contact the GSM telephony operator.
The library can also cooperate with independent SMSC, accessible via the Internet and with CDMA network accessible via appropriate protocol.
A set of sample programs with the full source code, created for many popular programming environments, is attached to the library. Sample programs demonstrate the use of all functions, events and properties implemented by components.
Currently there are examples of use of the components prepared for the following environments and programming languages:
- Visual Basic 6.0 (examples for SEMA, CIMD2, UCP, SMPP)
- Visual Basic .NET (examples for SEMA, CIMD2, UCP, SMPP)
- Visual C# .NET (examples for SEMA, CIMD2, UCP, SMPP)
- ASP (examples for SEMA, CIMD2, UCP, SMPP)
- ASP .NET (examples for SEMA, CIMD2, UCP, SMPP